Builders Merchant Yard Assistant
We are currently recruiting for a Builders Merchant Yard Assistant to join our team at our 30-acre Main Sales Yard at Golden Hill Lane, Leyland.
C&W Berry Ltd is the outstanding product source for construction materials in the North West of England, everything from foundations to the roof!
We take great pride that a number of staff have been with us their entire working career, as well as some staff also being 3rd generation of their family to work for the company.
Our commitment to stock and the quality of our service is what makes C&W Berry a truly unique merchant. Of our 230+ staff, many have a trade background, ensuring advice we offer is top notch.
Staff regularly undergo training, keeping us up to date with the new products and innovations in the industry.
- Advising and assisting customers with their purchases
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Assembling orders for collection or delivery
- Checking customer orders are booked out correctly
- Operating plant and machinery
- Working to deadlines
- Stock management
- Maintaining general cleanliness of work area
Required Skills / Experience
- Experience of working in a builders’ merchant yard or within a building trade
- Strong customer service approach
- Team player
- Great communication skills
- Articulate and numerate
- Able to lift reasonably heavy loads
- Joinery Experience
- Fork truck license
- Full driving license
- Computer literate
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company uniform provided
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Canteen facilities
- Onsite car parking
- Training and development opportunities
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Mon – Thur: 07:30 – 17:00
Friday: 07:30 – 16:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 12:00
Hours shown are the companies trading hours, on occasions the position may call for work outside of these and will be paid.
Salary: Up to £26,949.00 per year.