HR & Operations Administrator
We are currently recruiting for a HR & Operations Administrator to join our team at our 40-acre Main Sales Yard at Golden Hill Lane, Leyland.
C&W Berry Ltd is the outstanding product source for construction materials in the North West of England, everything from foundations to the roof!
We take great pride that a number of staff have been with us their entire working career, as well as some staff also being 3rd generation of their family to work for the company.
Our commitment to stock and the quality of our service is what makes C&W Berry a truly unique merchant. Of our 240+ staff, many have a trade background, ensuring advice we offer is top notch.
Staff regularly undergo training, keeping us up to date with the new products and innovations in the industry.
- Maintain HR and T&A systems
- Organise, compile and update company personnel records and documentation, ensuring compliance with company policies and legal requirement
- Manage all uniform requirements, from ordering to supplying new and existing staff
- Assist with annual training programmes, liaising with external suppliers and companies, communicating with departments, and rostering of staff
- Complete all administrative documents and forms required for new starters, inductions, and supporting the HR Manager and Management with note taking when required
- Carry out administrative duties such as answering phone calls, filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Provide administrative support to ensure the efficient running of the Operations Office
- Other general HR / operational and compliance duties as required
- Schedule meetings and taking minutes
- Minute taking
- Reporting writing
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Identify inconsistencies in documents such as reports and invoices
- Ability to analyse information
- Articulate and numerate
- Inventory control
- Problem solving
Education & Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade A-C (5-9) (Including English and Maths)
- You hold (or are working towards) a Human Resources or Administrative type qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams)
- 3 years of administrative assistant experience
- Competitive salary
- 21 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Company uniform will be provided
- Training and development opportunities
- Company team building events
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Canteen facilities
- Onsite car parking
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Mon – Thur: 07:30 – 17:00
Friday: 07:30 – 16:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 12:00
Salary: £29,915.00 per year.