We are currently recruiting for a Joinery Surveyor to join the team at our Joiners Workshop at King Street, Leyland.
C & W Berry Ltd is the outstanding product source for construction materials in the North West of England, everything from foundations to the roof!
We take great pride that a number of staff have been with us their entire working career, as well as some staff also being 3rd generation of their family to work for the company.
Our commitment to stock and the quality of our service is what makes C&W Berry a truly unique merchant. Of our 240+ staff, many have a trade background, ensuring advice we offer is top notch.
Staff regularly undergo training, keeping us up to date with the new products and innovations in the industry.
- Designing of staircases, and bespoke joinery items, to customer’s specification
- Use of CAD / CAM systems (especially for staircase design)
- Undertaking Site Surveys - specific to joinery items
- Preparation of quotations for staircases and bespoke joinery items
- Preparation of works orders
- Customer service and use of company ERP system (orders, deliveries, invoicing etc)
Required Skills / Experience
- Team Player who is also able to work on own initiative
- Computer Literate - Excel, Word, and Outlook proficient
- Able to work from technical drawings and job specifications
- Experienced in building material components; construction methods and regulations; and site and workshop Health & Safety
- Good organisation skills, analytical reasoning, and attention to detail
- Understanding of joinery manufacturing processes
- Strong joinery background
- Articulate and numerate
- UK Driving Licence
- Experience of working for a joinery manufacturer
- Worked as a bench joiner or production operative and use of joinery machinery
- Experience of Costing Systems
- Experience of CAD design
This position is ideal for a candidate with a practical Joinery background to carry out site surveys and prepare quotations for staircases, windows and general joinery products. Training will be provided.
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company uniform provided
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Canteen facilities
- Cycle to work scheme
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Mon – Thur: 07:30 – 17:00
Friday: 07:30 – 16:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 12:00
Salary: A minimum of £32,000.00 (salary is negotiable dependent on experience)