Main Shop Counter Assistant
We are currently recruiting for a Main Shop Counter Assistant to join our team at our 40-acre Main Sales Yard on Golden Hill Lane, Leyland.
C&W Berry Ltd is the outstanding product source for construction materials in the North West of England, everything from foundations to the roof!
We take great pride that a number of staff have been with us their entire working career, as well as some staff also being 3rd generation of their family to work for the company.
Our commitment to stock and the quality of our service is what makes C&W Berry a truly unique merchant. Of our 240+ staff, many have a trade background, ensuring we always offer professional advice and service. Staff regularly undergo training, keeping us up to date with the new products and innovations in the industry.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Serving and advising customers in a pleasant and effective manner
- Building relationships with existing and new customers
- Maintaining general cleanliness of work area
- Working to deadlines
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have a positive, can do attitude
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team
- Able to operate tills and card machines
- Able to lift reasonably heavy loads
- Smart and tidy appearance
- Articulate and numerate
- Computer literate
- Trade counter sales
- Building trade or builders' merchant experience
- Full UK driving licence
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- Company uniform provided
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Onsite car parking
- Canteen facilities
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Mon – Thur: 07:30 – 17:00
Friday: 07:30 – 16:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 12:00
Salary: £28,970.00 per year.