We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Operative to join our team at our 30-acre Main Sales Yard at Golden Hill Lane, Leyland.
C&W Berry Ltd is the outstanding product source for construction materials in the North West of England, everything from foundations to the roof!
We take great pride that a number of staff have been with us their entire working career, as well as some staff also being 3rd generation of their family to work for the company.
Our commitment to stock and the quality of our service is what makes C&W Berry a truly unique merchant. Of our 230+ staff, many have a trade background, ensuring we always offer professional advice and service. Staff regularly undergo training, keeping us up to date with the new products and innovations in the industry.
- Working to a pre-planned preventative maintenance schedule
- Maintenance of buildings, land, and equipment across a 30-acre builder’s merchant site
- Prioritising Customer Service or Health and Safety issues
- Occasional essential work outside of normal hours
- Assisting Contractors
The applicant should have a wide range of practical skills
- Building structure maintenance
- Groundworks, drainage, and landscaping
- Metal fabrication and welding
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Mechanical engineering
The applicant will be required to operate a wide range of machinery including, forklifts, telehandlers, cherry pickers, scaffold towers, power tools and hand tools. They will also need to be competent using basic IT systems such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of working in a builders’ merchant yard or within a building trade
- Fork truck license
- Full driving licence
- Computer literate
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- Company uniform provided
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Bonus holiday scheme
- On-site car parking
- Canteen facilities
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Mon – Thur: 07:30 – 17:00
Friday: 07:30 – 16:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 12:00
Hours shown are the companies trading hours, on occasions the position may call for work outside of these and will be paid.
Salary: £26,949.00 per year