We are currently recruiting for a Transport Administrator to join our team at our 30-acre Main Sales Yard at Golden Hill Lane, Leyland.
C&W Berry Ltd is the outstanding product source for construction materials in the North West of England, everything from foundations to the roof!
We take great pride that a number of staff have been with us their entire working career, as well as some staff also being 3rd generation of their family to work for the company.
Our commitment to stock and the quality of our service is what makes C&W Berry a truly unique merchant. Of our 230+ staff, many have a trade background, ensuring advice we offer is top notch.
Staff regularly undergo training, keeping us up to date with the new products and innovations in the industry.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly organised Transport Administrator who will be prepare transportation records and provide excellent customer service.
To ensure success in this role, you will exhibit extensive knowledge of transportation service operations and have administrative experience in a similar industry. An accomplished Transport Administrator will be someone whose expertise results in an effective and efficient service for our extensive customer base.
- Developing and implementing improved transportation administration policies and procedures
- Collect, analyse, and distribute information and data
- Prioritise and coordinate workloads
- Delivering the right advice in a timely manner
- Monitor compliance and work with drivers to eliminate infringements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Liaising between managers and drivers, as well as collaborating with other departments to optimize transportation services
- Working with customers, suppliers and drivers, planning routes and scheduling delivery times
- Handling customer queries and escalating serious complaints to management
- Complying to transportation regulations and company policies
- Provide general operational support and cover other departmental duties when required
Required Skills / Experience
- At least 2 years' experience as a Transportation Administrator in a similar industry
- Advanced competency in transportation management or logistics software
- Team player with a flexible 'can-do' attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Superb time management and organisational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities
- Great problem solving and analytical skills
- Problem solving and logical thinking
- Competent using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent numerical skill
- HGV License would be advantageous, but not essential
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company uniform provided
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Canteen facilities
- Onsite car parking
- Training and development opportunities
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Mon – Thur: 07:30 – 17:00
Friday: 07:30 – 16:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 12:00
Hours shown are the companies trading hours, on occasions the position may call for work outside of these and will be paid.
Salary: £27,828.00 - £32,200.00 per year