Delivery Terms & Conditions
At C&W Berry, we endeavour to provide the shortest lead time possible for our customers and can often deliver within 2 to 3 working days for heavy goods. During peak trading periods, our lead times can exceed in advance of one working week due to the volume of orders placed. This can be rectified by using parcel carriers on smaller items that are available for national delivery. In this instance, delivery will usually take up to 5 working days if available and in stock.
Delivery times are always subject to product availability. We list a large number of items available for special order and with these come supplier dependant lead times. Please also be aware that products that may need to undergo processing, such as treated timber will need longer to be ready for delivery.
When placing an order with us online, we will always send you an email once processed to confirm the planned delivery date. This is only an estimate and is subject to change. In the event of this delivery date changing, we would always endeavour to inform you as quickly as we can.
For more information, please read our terms and conditions below or contact us, either online via our live chat, by telephone on 01772 431 216 or email [email protected].
1. Delivery shall occur when the goods are ready for unloading at the delivery address.
2. Any dates and times we specify for delivery of the goods are an estimate. We shall not be liable to you if we do not deliver on or at any particular date or time. Time for delivery shall not be made of the essence by notice.
3. We will deliver to site provided that there is a suitable road to the point where delivery is requested. If no such road exists, delivery will be made to the nearest point at which, in the driver’s opinion, the vehicle can safely and lawfully unload. Except where we use a vehicle-mounted crane/fork truck, you shall be responsible for safely and lawfully unloading the goods and shall provide all necessary labour and equipment. We may charge you an additional fee if you delay in taking delivery of the goods when tendered. If any goods, packaging or container has been delivered and deposited, whether on the public highway or elsewhere, you shall be responsible for all steps that need to be taken for the protection of persons or property in relation to such goods, packaging or containers and shall indemnify us in respect of all or any costs, claims, losses or expenses which we may incur as a result of such delivery.
4. We shall not be liable for any shortages in quantity delivered unless you give written notice to us of such shortages within two working days of delivery. In any event our liability shall be limited to making good the shortfall or (at our option) issuing a credit note or refund at the pro rata contract rate against any invoice raised for such goods.
5. We may deliver the goods by separate instalments. Each instalment shall be a separate contract and cancellation or termination of one instalment shall not entitle you to cancel any other instalment.
6. If you fail to accept delivery of any goods when they are ready for delivery, or we are unable to deliver the goods because you have not provided appropriate instructions, documents or consents, we shall be entitled to immediate full payment and risk in the goods shall pass to you. We may store such goods until delivery and you shall be liable for all related costs and expenses arising from such non delivery including transport and storage costs.
7. Any query about delivery shall be made as soon as possible and in any event within twenty eight days of the date when the goods would in the ordinary course of events have been delivered else the goods shall be deemed to have been delivered in accordance with the contract.
8. We shall not be responsible for taking back any non-chargeable packaging / pallets.