We are currently recruiting for a Distribution Supervisor to join our team at our 40-acre Main Sales Yard at Golden Hill Lane, Leyland.
C&W Berry Ltd is the outstanding product source for construction materials in the North West of England, everything from foundations to the roof!
We take great pride that a number of staff have been with us their entire working career, as well as some staff also being 3rd generation of their family to work for the company.
Our commitment to stock and the quality of our service is what makes C&W Berry a truly unique merchant. Of our 240+ staff, many have a trade background, ensuring advice we offer is top notch.
Staff regularly undergo training, keeping us up to date with the new products and innovations in the industry.
- Supervising Distribution staff and daily activities
- Managing, evaluating, and reporting on Distribution productivity
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials
- Ordering supplies and maintaining suitable inventory levels
- Checking orders, picking notes, preparing orders from multiple departments, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations, as well as following workplace health and safety rules when handling goods
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse ensuring good housekeeping standards are maintained
- Daily communication and coordination with the Transport Manager
- Loading and unloading vehicles, picking orders and matching the relevant paperwork
- Assisting customers as and when required providing excellent customer service
- Working within a small close-knit team
- Ensuring efficient operations by adhering to operational procedures, rules, and schedules
- Flexibility to cover holidays and sickness, as well as dealing with an increase in seasonal volumes as and when required
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience as a Distribution Supervisor or a similar management position
- Strong working knowledge of Distribution Operations & Management
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry software
- Problem-solving skills
- Articulate and numerate
- HGV License would be advantageous, but not essential
- Forklift truck license
- Full driving license
- Computer literate
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company uniform provided
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Canteen facilities
- On-site car parking
- Training and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company events
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Mon – Thur: 07:30 – 17:00
Friday: 07:30 – 16:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 12:00
Salary: £32,667.00 per year.